Weekly Military Information – 15 January 2014
Visit our webpage dedicated to our weekly newsletters and military events! We will archive past newsletters for your reference and maintain a calendar of events that are listed each week in the newsletters.
The Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce’s annual Military Appreciation Banquet has been set for 4 March, 2014 at the Tampa Convention Center! Invitations will be sent out in the coming weeks.
THE DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE BANQUET HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO THURSDAY, 23 JANUARY, 2014!
To nominate a person or business, please complete each section of the appropriate nomination form(s) attached. Any endorsements the nominator feels will help the selection committee in its deliberations are welcome. All community activities during 2013 should be mentioned.
The 2014 nomination forms can be found here: http://www.tampachamber.com/Events/Signature-Events/Military-Appreciation-Banquet.aspx
Or individual links for each category are below as well:
- Officer of the Year
- Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year
- Department of Defense Civilian Employee
- Business Partner of the Year
- ROTC Cadet of the Year
- Bob Cutler Volunteer Award
All nominators will receive an email confirmation when their submission is received. Please allow up to 48 hours for processing.
LAST CALL FOR ABILENE SUBMISSIONS! ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE TURNED IN BY CLOSE OF BUSINESS MONDAY, 20 JANUARY, 2014.
Please send any of the following that you may have for events/programs held in 2013:
1. PICTURES – pictures are essential for this application! Please forward pictures of any events you may have sponsored or been involved with that benefited MacDill – specifically active duty Air Force personnel. Each picture will need to have a short narrative explaining the event/program;
2. FLYERS/INVITATIONS – any flyers or invitations for events/programs. AGAIN, pictures are essential so please include pictures from these events/programs;
3. LETTERS – any letters you or your company have received from MacDill acknowledging your participation or sponsorship in an event/program;
4. NEWSPAPER ARTICLES – copies of newspaper articles that include the date and paper name.
2014 UPCOMING EVENTS – FOR MORE DETAILS ON EVENTS LISTED BELOW VISIT
Visit our weekly newsletters and military events on our website! We will archive past newsletters for your reference and maintain a calendar of events that are listed each week in the newsletters.
The link for the newsletters is: Weekly Military Information, and the direct link to the events calendar is: Events Calendar.