Weekly Military Information – 12 December 2014
We are compiling items for the 2015 Abilene Award so if you have any information you would like to provide please send that to me. As most of you are aware, the Tampa Bay area applies for the Abilene Award each year. This is a community effort to show that Tampa Bay supports the United States Air Force and MacDill Air Force Base. In an effort to eliminate that last minute scramble for the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce to put together a great packet we thought it would be beneficial to compile items that could be used in the application on a quarterly basis.
Below are some examples of items we like to include in the submission packet – these would be for any events held in 2014:
1. PICTURES – pictures are essential for this application! Please forward pictures of any events you may have sponsored or been involved with that benefited MacDill – specifically active duty Air Force personnel. Each picture will need to have a short narrative explaining the event/program;
2. FLYERS/INVITATIONS – any flyers or invitations for events/programs. AGAIN, pictures are essential so please include pictures from these events/programs;
3. LETTERS – any letters you or your company have received from MacDill acknowledging your participation or sponsorship in an event/program;
4. NEWSPAPER ARTICLES – copies of newspaper articles that include the date and paper name.
Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Now Accepting Nominations for the 2015 Military Appreciation Banquet
The Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce is now accepting nominations for the awards given at the 2015 Military Appreciation Banquet, including the Bob Cutler Volunteer Award and the Business Partner of the Year Award. To nominate a person or business for one of the following categories, please complete each section of the nomination form. Any endorsements the nominator feels will help the selection committee in its deliberations are welcome. All community activities during 2014 should be mentioned.
- 2015 Non-Commissioned Officer of The Year
- 2015 Business Partner of The Year
- 2015 Officer of The Year
- 2015 ROTC Cadet of The Year
- 2015 Department of Defense Civilian Employee
- 2015 Bob Cutler Volunteer Award
Nomination forms must be received no later than 5 p.m. on January 9, 2015. Click here for more information on the 2015 Military Appreciation Banquet. Thank you to our presenting sponsor Bright House Networks.
USF VETERANS MENTORING PROGRAM
Mentoring is a rewarding way to share knowledge gained from career success and life experiences. And it is doubly rewarding when you can have this relationship with a military veteran who is pursuing a degree for a civilian career so you can show your appreciation for their service. These talented young men and women have so much to offer – your guidance will certainly help position them for career success.
USF’s veterans mentoring program is looking for volunteers to help mentor veterans in the USF program. If you are interested in being a mentor, more information is available on USF’s Veterans Services page.
7TH ANNUAL AVAST GOLF CLASSIC
AVAST (Amputee V.A. Support Team) will be holding their 7th Annual Golf Classic on Saturday, 14 March, at Cheval Golf and Country Club. Sponsorships are available and information regarding those levels are attached. For more information contact Jim Lonigro at email@example.com or (813) 340-9218
2014 UPCOMING EVENTS – FOR MORE DETAILS ON EVENTS LISTED BELOW VISIT
Visit our weekly newsletters and military events on our website! We will archive past newsletters for your reference and maintain a calendar of events that are listed each week in the newsletters.
The link for the newsletters is: Weekly Military Information, and the direct link to the events calendar is: Events Calendar.