Tampa Military Information – 18 January 2017
Professional Philanthropy Network January Happy Hour
The Professional Philanthropy Network is hosting its January Happy Hour in support of USO Central Florida! Kick off the New Year by celebrating our military at World of Beer on January 18th! 100% of the proceeds go to our local service members and their families through USO Programs and Services.
Wednesday, January 18th
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
World of Beer – Tampa International
5301 Avion Park Drive, Tampa, FL 33607
Each guest will receive a complimentary drink and
Appetizers with their $10 donation.
Don’t miss out on raffle prizes like SeaWorld tickets, a TV, and more!
SOF for Life programs: helping prepare transitioning personnel above what the government provides. Global SOF Foundation hosts an online portal in which current and former SOF personnel can upload their resumes to be viewed by Global SOF Foundation corporate partners for employment opportunities. The second SOF for Life program is run by The Honor Foundation,:a rigorous 12-week transition program for SOF that are 12 – 18 months out from leaving military service, either through retirement or separation.
Rough Rider’s St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl
Saturday, March 11th from 3pm-11pm – Volunteers needed to help run it! (asking organizations to staff individual bars, staff/volunteers can participate in the fun for FREE)
- Attempt to break world record of most people in a pub crawl (Kansas City set record in 2013 at 4,885 people- Philadelphia and Savannah both have attempted and failed, now it’s Tampa’s TURN!)
- All money raised will go to support VA Haley’s Veterans Recreational Support Therapy Program
- Participants must visit 10 pubs- drinking alcohol is NOT required
- 30 Bars are participating
- Entry is $15
- Website to be published by 17 January for registration and specific details
- Any questions, Please contact Billy Hogan- firstname.lastname@example.org 727-641-4124